01271 349790

Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance

Road risk insurance is the minimum requirement for motor traders moving vehicles be it from home to the garage, garage to another garage, test driving a customer vehicle the list is endless - this cover is available to people either full or part time in the motor trade.

Motor trade Road risk cover explained

As with all insurance there are different varieties of cover these are Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, Third party Only.

Third party only is minimum legal requirement to drive in the UK and covers only the third party damage in the result of fault or partial fault incident. 

Third party fire and theft covers as above with addition of fire and theft coverage.

Comprehensive covers all the above aspects but also accidental damage or damage caused to vehicles in you control when at fault - especially recommended for people dealing with customer vehicles.

For a quote or any questions you may have call 0844 209 8315.

What is not covered on a motor trade road risk policy?

You will become familiar with two phrases with road risk insurance - use for motor trade purposes and use for social domestic and pleasure purposes. All motor trade policies will offer one or both of these covers however the usage is as follows.

Social domestic and pleasure - you can only drive socially i.e drive to shops, holiday ect vehicles owned by the policyholder.

Motor trade purposes - any vehicle in the insured's custody or control can be used for motor trade purposes i.e test drives, delivery of vehicle to customer ect.

A motor trade policy does not allow the insured to get into anyone's vehicle and drive it to the pub, shop ect.

Do I need road risk insurance?

If you are a motor trader the answer is 99% of the time yes! A road risk policy allows motor traders to conduct their business knowing they are fully insured, if you are driving customer vehicles or need the flexibility to drive your own stock vehicles this is a must have insurance policy.

We can help you with:

Cover that is tailored for vehicle sales, collection/delivery and breakdown recovery.

Cover for mechanics operating from home, premises or mobile.

Cover for  Tyre, Exhaust, Windscreen and Accessorary fitters

Can Include public liability/employers liability, tools in the van plus much more...

Call today for a price 0844 209 8315